In addition to causing cosmetic problems, crooked teeth can also contribute to many oral health problems such as TMJ disorder, cavity formation and gum disease. In our Marietta Ga. dental office, Drs. David Hildreth and Michael Mulkey offer several solutions for crooked teeth including straightening teeth with or without braces.
Straightening Teeth Without Braces
Many adults who visit our Marietta dental office want to straighten their teeth without metal braces. Dr. Michael Mulkey is an experienced cosmetic dentist and offers several options including:
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain Veneers can be used to correct minor problems including gaps between teeth, crooked teeth or uneven teeth.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: To fix minor imperfections, Dr. Mulkey may recommend cosmetic tooth bonding. This procedure is quick and affordable, usually complete in a single office visit. For this procedure, a biocompatible resin is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted for a natural-looking restoration.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown covers the entire tooth and can be used to close spaces between teeth, lengthen teeth, and achieve symmetry. A dental crown can also treat teeth that are worn, broken, or affected by tooth decay.
Clear Braces to Straighten Crooked Teeth
In addition to our cosmetic dentistry solutions, Lost Mountain Dental is a certified provider of Six Month Smiles, a orthodontic solution that uses clear braces to straighten teeth in as few as six months. Six Month Smiles is ideal for patients who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns but don’t want to go through a lengthy process with traditional metal braces.
Six Month Smiles is an innovative new orthodontics treatment that gives patients straighter teeth. This treatment is great for patients who have mild to moderate alignment troubles. Marietta, GA dentist Dr. Micheal Mulkey and Dr. David Hildreth and their team are dedicated to helping you fix your alignment issues at Lost Mountain Dental.
Six Month Smiles uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires that are properly placed over the teeth. Once properly placed, the braces are hardly visible, ensuring a natural-looking finish. Over the course of 6 months, the teeth are visibly straighter. This treatment is great for patients who may need to correct alignment issues like spacing, overbites, crooked teeth, or spacing issues.
Benefits of Six Months Smiles
Patients choose Six Month Smiles because they receive great results in a short amount of time. Six Month Smiles is great for patients looking to achieve a straighter smile. Some other benefits of Six Month Smiles treatment include:
- Not as costly as traditional braces
- On average it takes about 6 months for patients to see a change
- Barely visible wires and brackets
- Safe and comfortable to wear
- Created in a timely manner
What to expect during your visit
Your first visit will consist of a detailed comprehensive exam with one of our dentists. During the comprehensive exam, they will assess the health of your teeth, as well as take an x-ray and impressions of your teeth. Once the impressions are taken, they will be sent to a facility to be created into customized wires and brackets. Once the brackets are ready, Dr. Mulkey, Dr. Hildreth, or Dr. Kennedy will carefully bond them to your teeth. After the bonding is completed, patients can expect to see great results in just 6 months.
The goal of Six Month Smiles is for patients to get their desired look without committing to years with traditional braces. Patients can achieve their desired results in a short amount of time.
If Six Month Smiles is right for you, schedule an appointment online or call us at (678) 212-1280 to discuss your smile.