At Lost Mountain Dental, your family will receive the most complete dental care in our family dentistry in Marietta, GA near you. We will keep your entire family smiling for years to come!
We have been providing family dental care in Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs and many local communities in Cobb County, Georgia for more than 30 years. This gives us a unique advantage. We know what it takes to provide you and your family with the quality of care, attention to detail, and comfortable experience you need to keep your family’s oral health in tip-top shape.
Dentists in Marietta, GA recommend bringing children into our Marietta dental office for routine preventive care starting around age 3. This is the time when all permanent teeth have erupted. These early visits are important for both oral health upkeep and sets a healthy relationship with the dentist. This will also ease the stress and anxiety in young patients that often comes with dental care stereotypes.
Our staff has experience in treating patients of ALL ages. We make every effort to ensure that everyone who visits is confident in our dental services. A main part of family dentistry is the ability to see the dentist the same day as your children.
Family Dentistry Services in Marietta
- Sedation dentistry: Your dentist in Marietta GA provides oral conscious sedation for those with dental anxiety and fears. We are a judgement-free dentist office, working on a patient-focused state of mind. We want to make sure your oral health is stable for long-term success.
- Cosmetic dentistry procedures: Cosmetic services like teeth whitening and dental veneers help patients improve the confidence in their smile. Although, this does not mean we will prioritize function over looks. We believe in improving functional issues first and foremost.
- Emergency dentistry services: Have you chipped a tooth lately? Did you break or lose a tooth in a mishap? Contact us right away, and we might be able to save your tooth.
- Dental sealants for kids: Dental sealants provide a shield from cavities, tooth decay, and more. They are a proven preventive measure for young patients and adults alike.
- Laser Dentistry: Modern dental tools lets us give more discrete, accurate, and pain-free procedures than ever before. Lost Mountain Dental takes advantage of that with laser dentistry for your benefit.
- Regular dental check-ups and exams: Scheduling a routine bi-yearly exam should be your first preventive measure to stave-off dental issues.
Preventive dental care is the foundation of family dentistry at Lost Mountain Dental. Our Marietta GA dentists emphasize the important role that good oral hygiene and routine dental visits play in both dental and overall health.
A typical preventive dental care visit may include:
- Professional dental cleaning
- Digital dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Occlusal analysis to examine the position of the bite
As recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), patients should visit the dentist for routine care twice a year. These visits allow your dentist to spot growing dental problems in the early stages when conservative treatment is most helpful.
Preventive Dental Care FAQs
When should my child’s first dentist visit be?
Parents should introduce their children to their first dental visit at 1 years old, or right after you notice that their first tooth has come in. Taking your child to routine dental visits will help them develop a positive patient-dentist rapport. This helps your child avoid getting dental anxiety early on, and helps instill the importance of good oral hygiene and dental visits.
Can children get cavities at an early age?
Yes. Tooth decay is an infectious disease and is chiefly prevalent among elementary school children. You can improve your child’s oral health by preparing meals that are low in sugar and discouraging in-between meal snacking and sugary drinks. Snacking provides more opportunities for the bacteria in your mouth to feed on sugar and produce acids that destroy tooth enamel and cause cavities.
What are dental sealants and how do they work?
A dental sealant is a protective invisible shield that covers your teeth to stave off bacteria. This dental procedure uses a resin to fill in the pits and grooves on your molar teeth and makes them a less favorable environment for bacterial invasion. If your child is very prone to cavities, or if a low-sugar diet is not entirely lifelike, you may want to talk to Dr. Mulkey about preventive sealants.
What’s the most important goal of preventive dentistry?
The basic goal of preventive dentistry is to maintain healthy oral hygiene practices in order to prevent more significant issues. Preventative dentistry will significantly lower the chance of issues like periodontitis, cavities, gum disease, and enamel erosion.
How often should a child’s teeth be checked by the dentist?
Your child needs to visit the dentist on a regular basis. We typically advise that children visit at least 6 to 12 months for cleanings and a regular checkup on their growth.
How do you know if your child’s teeth are healthy?
The color of a healthy tooth should be consistent. Take your child to the dentist if you see any stains or dark patches on the teeth. Don’t worry too much about white patches because they can occasionally emerge when the enamel forms.
To schedule an appointment, contact us at 770-425-4001 or request an appointment online.